Edit prices for multiple gnucash files

spotty albino jehelsby at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 30 07:46:44 EDT 2013

Stuart McGraw wrote
> On 09/28/2013 06:01 AM, spotty albino wrote:
>> Stuart McGraw wrote
> [...]
>
> This has 7 fields in the order:
>  symbol, date, price, price, price, price, volume
>
> But looking at the Starbucks example above there are 9 fields:
>  date, symbol, Q (for quote), price, price, price, price, volume, source
>
> So I would say that the first thing is to generate your
> CSV file with 9 fields in the given order.  I don't remember
> off hand the order of the price values, (low, high, close, etc).
> 'source' is an arbitrary string that I don't think either
> imp_history.py or gnucash uses for anything other than display.

Hi Stuart

Thanks kindly for your help. I have run the script successfully! It seems I
had tried this form of .csv, however I ran into problems when GNUCash didn't
identify the security as it was listed in Australian Dollars instead of USD.
I'll modify the script to resolve the issue.

I appreciate all your assistance. I'll be contributing financially to the
GNUcash project on your behalf. I'm having a Python freelancer at odesk.com
extend the functionality of your script. I'll forward to you if you're
interested.

Regards
Josh