Which Accounts to record unpaid salaries to Employees?

Zhong Ayi ayizhong at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:22:59 EDT 2014

Thanks for your advice. Actually I forgot about the social benefits. We are
in Hong Kong so it is relatively simple since we only have 2 things need to
pay: "Employee1 Salary" and "Employee1 Social Insurance". So there is no
tax or anything else (HK is great place to do business!). So even if we do
not pay Employee1 Salary this month, we still always pay the Social
Insurance to the government that month.

OK I understand your idea about putting it in Liability:UnpaidSalary and I
like that idea for making separate for each employee, but then when it gets
to that monster split I fear about screwing up multiple places in my
accounts. There must be an easier way.... maybe I go back and treat each
employee from the beginning as a vendor and then treat their individual
social insurances (which always stay 5% of their salary) as another Expense
and/or Liability.... but then I guess that is the same thing as your idea
and eventually still need a monster split eh? Very confusing :(