Mass deletion of transactions

Ricardo Biloti biloti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:15:07 EDT 2014

I consider two possibilities to overcome such difficulty.

1) apply a simple operation to all entries of a search.
After search for all transactions, the user would be allowed to delete,
export, switch one of the accounts, etc. This feature however may imply in
moderate to high efforts in interface design and implementation.

2) native format for exporting/importing of transactions.
The user searchs for transactions he/she wants to keep, then export them
and reimport them into a new file. This export/import format however must
be gnucash native, instead of CSV, to avoid any information loss or
necessity of recheck all transactions for consistency and correctness. As a
developer, I consider this easier to implement, and more valuable as it
address other issues, like the possibility to backup just of part of the
transactions, not specifically related in time, like it is done in the log
files.

Besides, I would suggest that all accounts have a simple ID that could be
used to inform both accounts of each transaction in the CSV import. This
would greatly improve the CSV mass import of transactions. I believe that
the implementation effort related to such feature is worthy.

Are those potencial features valuable to others?

R.Biloti