Update+Reconcile in OFX import

Bertrand Marc beberking at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 16:04:38 EDT 2014

>> On 4/3/2014 3:07 AM, Bertrand Marc wrote:
>> Dear Gnucash users,
>>
>> I've set up minimalist scheduled transaction with dates and amounts. I
>> didn't write a description/memo or a transaction reference since these
>> may change every month.
>>
>> I was hoping that when importing OFX from my bank, selecting U+R would
>> update the description, the memo and the transaction reference, but it
>> doesn't work. Is there a way to force the import tool to update the
>> transaction ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bertrand
>>

> I usually want to do the opposite, namely just know that the financial
> institution has a matching transaction in their books but I don't want
> their text, I want mine.
But then you would use "Reconcile" only, and not "Update+Reconcile",
wouldn't you ?

> That said, if I did want their text I would probably not even bother to
> enter the transaction manually but just accept theirs verbatim from the
> download with my selection for the transfer account.  Thus I would mark
> every transaction as new.

I don't enter these manually, the transactions are scheduled so I happen
to know in advance what expenses can't be avoided. I only want to know
the amount of the transaction in advance, and I want them to be
completed when I import OFX at the end of the month...

Thanks for you answer,
Bertrand