can't edit memo field on posted invoice transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 14 12:08:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

damon <gmane at net-solve.com> writes:

> I want to edit the memo field on a transaction created by the posting of
> an employee voucher (which is like an invoice?).  I want to enter the
> receipt for the expense in the memo field so that I can easily find it
> later(like for an audit).  These transactions are read only because the
> are tied to an invoice entry.  This makes sense, but why can't the memo
> field be edited?
>
> The transaction doesn't exist until I post the invoice / voucher, and
> after that it is read only.

This is not a bug.  If you want to change any aspect of the invoice
(including the transaction memo) you need to unpost and repost the
transaction.  Alas, there is just not the appropriate infrastructure to
make only certain fields read-only and others read-write.  It's
all-or-nothing.