Gnucash data missing

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Apr 15 16:39:18 EDT 2014

dansaudio wrote:

>I have been using Gnucash for about a year and a half.  When I started it up
>tonight, I noticed that all of my credit card entries from the prior night
>were gone.  Also, in another credit card account, all of the purchases were
>gone, but all of the payments to the credit card company were still there! I
>am in a bit of a panic, and am trying to figure out what to do. I am hoping
>that cooler heads will prevail...
>
>Thanks

missing entries --- almost certainly you failed to save or opened a
previous version

payment transaction still present --- Perhaps you entered this
transaction before the last save. The fact that the date of the
transaction (the payment transaction) would be after the date of all the
charge transactions isn't what matters but the order in which you
entered the transactions (relative to when saves took place) does. The
order in which you enter the transactions and the effective dates of
those transactions are quite different matters.

Michael