Gnucash data missing

dansaudio dan at dmohr.com
Wed Apr 16 00:22:57 EDT 2014

It turns out that all of the credit transactions (purchases made with the
credit card), as well as their corresponding splits, have disappeared.  Just
to clarify, this is over a 15 month history.  All debit transactions (credit
card payments) are still there.  It has happened with four out of five
credit cards.

I have a back up I fully confirm on another machine every two weeks or so,
so patching this will only take a couple of evenings.  The thing that
bothers me is why such a major event occurred. Rather troubling.
John Ralls-2 wrote