Similar GNU cash program needed

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:53:36 EDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 11:15 AM, Jamestk wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Due to some ongoing problems I have decided to explore the possibility of
> migrating to another software package.
>
> It doesn't have to be free but I would prefer a local install rather than
> cloud based if possible.
>
> Requirements are:
>
> # Basic data entry and reconciliation for current accounts.
>
> # As above but with savings accounts.
>
> # Mortgage tracking
>
> # Stocks and shares reconciliation (only need basics, no data download ect.)
>
> # Customisable reports
>
> And lastly, the ability to import data from GNU cash
>
> So far, I have been unable to find anything that matches this criteria which
> is a surprise. I am wondering would it be quicker to knock up something in
> Access, or perhaps pay for a basic program?
>
> Ideas welcome.
>

> --

I think that most of us are here because no other software meets our
overall needs better than GnuCash.  Thus  we are not inclined to
recommend another package that may be better in some aspect but worse in
others.  It meets my needs in each of the areas that you have named.

Sometimes certain activities initially seem awkward, but once we learn
how they work we see that there is a method to the madness and the
bottom line result is correct if not in the form we initially expected.

The developers are very open to accepting help when we are able to
assist them.  If GnuCash does not suit your needs, ask them how you can
help to improve it.

David C