GnuCash Start Date

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 22:03:51 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 April 2014 23:42, Jim Tippett <jimtippettau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Maf,
> >
> > I will try 2.6.3.  Is a pre-complied version for Ubuntu 14.04 available
> or
> > should I compile from source?
>
> Currently only 2.6.1 is available from the official Ubuntu repository.
>  Hopefully it will be updated soon. I believe that the GetDeb
> repository has it but have not tried it myself.  Otherwise it should
> not be too tricky to compile.  I guess that the instructions on the
> wiki should work for 14.04

One downside to GnuCash's status (in Ubuntu's Universe repository) is that
GnuCash 2.6.1 (current Debian release when that release of Ubuntu was
"frozen") will forever be the version in the Ubuntu 14.04 Universe
repository. If the Debian version is newer, someone can request it be
included in the Ubuntu Backports repository, but that process is slow.

See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Ubuntu for details.

As long as GetDeb is available it will likely always be the quickest way to
get the latest version of GnuCash in Ubuntu.

P.S.: If someone has compiled GnuCash for Ubuntu 14.04 please update the
wiki with the latest dependencies, etc.