2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:05:15 EDT 2014

A note for anyone intending to get version 2.6.3 on Ubuntu from the
GetDeb repository.

At my first attempt to do this I enabled GetDeb, did
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
which upgraded gnucash as one would expect.  The new version appeared
to run ok but when I closed down it crashed.

The solution (for me anyway) appears to be to use the following
procedure (make sure all your data is backed up first of course)

sudo apt-get purge gnucash
sudo apt-get autoremove
enable the getdev repo
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnucash

Then if you don't want anything else from getdeb disable it again.

Colin