Closing Books Issue

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Apr 25 17:36:53 EDT 2014

Mark Phillips wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks for your suggestion.
>
>How do I set an accounting period for the balance sheet report? I think it
>covers from the first entry to the date of the balance sheet.

A Balance Sheet is as of SOME (single) date.

If you are doing the usual reporting for an accounting period, you do
Balance Sheet as of the beginning and end of the period and an Income
Statement (aka "Profit and Loss" aka "Revenue Statement" -- title
depends on the nature of the entity) for the period (that one DOES have
a start and end dates).

Michael D Novack