Similar GNU cash program needed

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 03:45:10 EDT 2014

Geert, I would agree, having accurate data is paramount to load times.

A quick update on the theme changes so far.

Changing the theme selector back to system default didn't really make any
difference to lag times. Pinning it down the most noticeable and easily
spotted is between account tabs.

If you open say two account registers then switch to the account tab there
is a delay.This is almost identical on both machines regardless of theme
setting.

More than happy to live with this minor flaw now that I know the system is
reliable and not going to freeze at any stage. As mentioned before, this was
my main concern where I considered shrinking down my data file to improve
matters.

Just a thought, is it necessary to run with compressed data files? I have
tons of free space so not an issue, would this improve response times?

> Fred, I can toggle the horizontal lines on/off with the buzzing
> stopping/starting. I prefer the register with lines off so makes no
> difference.

Thanks again for all of the helpful feedback. I hope my small donation to
the tip jar makes up in part fro my griping :-)