Vendor & customer same person

tsagar tsagar at seraphiclighting.com
Sun Apr 27 04:24:15 EDT 2014

Maf,

Thanks for the explanation. There's another issue that somewhat complicated
the scenario. The VAT is to be applied at different rates - for the sale,
it's 5.5% as the volume is normally larger and it puts the transaction in a
different bracket. For the buy-back, since the volume tends to be smaller,
the VAT applicable is 14.5%. Still, I think your idea is the best so far. I
guess I'll have to simply pass a journal entry for the tax difference. That
might cause the VAT reports to come out erroneously. However, I guess I'll
have to accept it as a lesser inefficiency

Thanks a lot.