Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 07:59:25 EDT 2014

Cheers Chris.

I have to disagree on this one based on the fact it's a manual calculation.
There cannot be many software packages that ask you to pop out a calculator
to work out a figure, that's the whole idea of software imo.

You have far less chance of making a mistake using a spreadsheet (after
exporting) to total up all you buys and sells, it's then a case of
subtracting one from the other. Don't forget also that the capital gain/loss
even on GNU Cash is still shown gross requiring a similar calculation to the
spreadsheet method.

As David says, each to their own but this simpler way for me removes the
confusion surrounding splits data entry.

Liz, thank you