2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:11:53 EDT 2014

On 28 April 2014 13:03, Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> I had the same problem.
>
> Looking through the error message it said something like 'this is not a
> valid Ubuntu program' or similar.

That is just saying that it cannot submit the crash report to Ubuntu
as the version of the s/w is not one supplied in the Ubuntu
repository.

I thought the crash on closing had gone but by purging and
re-installing but I am still getting it occasionally.  I will build it
myself I think and update the wiki for 14.04 as I go.  I think I have
a more or less virgin install of 14.04 on one of my test machines to
try that on.

> Ubuntu has 2.6.1 which works no problem, is there much of a difference in
> features between the two?

I think there are a couple of significant bug fixes.  Have not got
time to go and find the release notes at the moment.

Colin