New Bill Creates Customer Invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 28 11:46:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

Mark Seeba <mseeba at streamwrite.com> writes:

> I am having a problem with GNUCash 2.6.2. When I create a new vendor
> bill and pull the job ID in I get a customer invoice.
> I have tried several times and have some really strange things happen:
> On one attempt it created a customer invoice but had an expense
> account rather than income account entry. It looks like a cross
> between an invoice and a bill. See screen shot.
> On another attempt the reverse happened where it showed the vendor
> info but had an income account.
> After about 4 attempts, I am starting to wonder if there is a way to
> delete these unwanted invoice / bill attempts.
> Also, will version 2.6.3 address this? It does not appear so but I
> thought I would ask.
> Thanks.

A GncInvoice object (the main type of Invoices, Bills, and Vouchers) can
have only a single Owner.  That owner can be a Customer, Vendor, or
Employee, or it can be a Job.  It will generally choose whichever you
choose last.  So if you choose a Vendor and then choose a Customer Job,
the owner will be the Customer, and vice versa.

You don't say exactly what you are trying to do here, but you cannot tie
Invoices and Bills together this way.