Mortgages

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:44:03 EDT 2014

I handle this with transactions that look like this:

assets:current:checking  Cr  x
liabilities:mortgage Dr <principal paid>
expenses:loans:mortgage interest  Dr <interest paid>
expenses:loans:mortgage insurance Dr <PMI>
assets:escrow Dr <tax escrow paid>

Or something along those lines. I don't set it up as a scheduled
transaction, but rather, when filling out the transaction, auto-complete
the description of the transaction, and gnucash remembers everything from
last time around. I adjust the principal and interest, and I think
everything else stays the same most of the time.

In Christ,
Aaron Laws