Excel report replacement by GnuCash

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Aug 9 17:57:02 EDT 2014

Chris Henderson wrote:

>At the moment, in addition to GnuCash, I’m maintaining a lot of excel
>spreadsheets like food cost per person per month based on number of people
>in the house for that particular month. Wondering if these custom reports
>could be incorporated in GnuCash and how hard/ practical would it be to do
>so.

Gnucash is an accounting system. There is no associated inventory
system. << If gnucash could keep track of how many people in a house in
a month and the maintenance cost per person then it could keep track of
how many cars on the sales lot in a month and maintenance cost per car.
So while we don't think of people as widgets, form the point of view of
a computer program, they might as well be >>

Michael D Novack