Customer opening balance?

PaulaJ9874 at aol.com PaulaJ9874 at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 08:46:48 EDT 2014

Hi, have just input a years worth of transactions into gnucash doing bank
and account reconcilliations along the way.  Everything was fine until I
ran customer reports.  All but one report showed only transactions for the
period with balance credits and debits and an accurate account balance which
coresponded with the aged-debt report.  One however showed balanced debits
and credits but an amount owed which hadn't showed on the aged-debt  report.
 after inspection I found the first entry on the report was not a
transaction but a balance entry for the said amount.  How on earth this  balance got
to be there I don't know and I cannot find a way to remove it.   If I issue
a credit then the period totals will not balance.  I really  don't want to
have to start over.
 Paula.