Change of version gives change of currency symbol

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Wed Aug 13 11:46:34 EDT 2014

Thanks, Derek.  Rest inline.

On 13 Aug 2014, at 17:24 , Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> James Wilde <james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com> writes:
>
>> The search link doesn’t work,
>
> Known issue; the search software we use became unsupported about 4 years
> ago, and when we re-installed the server and migrated to a modern
> software release we no longer had the ability to maintain the old,
> unsupported solution.
>
>>     so I have not been able to search the
>> archives.  I’m sorry.
>
> http://www.google.com
>   site:gnucash.org <query>

Tried this, and it seems to work ok.

>> I am running GC on a Mac with OSX 10.9.4.  I had version 2.4.7 which
>> worked well but gave me a glitch yesterday evening, and I decided to
>> see if there is a newer version.  There is - 2.6.3, which I have
>> downloaded.
>>
>> Version 2.4.7 showed values in the Account Table as SEK 00.00.
>> Version 2.6.3 shows them as kr00.00 notwithstanding that all the
>> options I have found show SEK as the selected symbol.  I can load the
>> same file in 2.4.7 and 2.6.3 and I regularly get the same result.
>> Since that is the case, it would seem that the problem lies in the
>> program and associated files comprising 2.6.3.
>>
>> I’d very much appreciate it if someone can tell me how to change the
>> currency code in 2.6.3.
>
> Umm.. Wouldn't 'kr' be the correct currency symbol for the Swedish Kroner?
>
> I don't understand the issue.

Well, the new standard is the ISO code but that’s not all.  The SEK version gives a space between the code and the sum.  The kr does not.  And even if it has to be kr, I would prefer Kr.

But the real point is that in the preferences for 2.6.3 it states SEK twice, but still comes with kr, and the 2.4.7 version still gives me SEK 00.00 so I’m using that.

BTW if GC takes its guidelines from the environment, how come it expects a point instead of a comma as the decimal separator?

Mvh

James