Gnucash won't edit lines after update to Kubuntu 14.04

David Kreinick dlk8 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 14 12:43:23 EDT 2014

     Ever since I upgraded my OS to Kubuntu 14.04 from 12.04, I am
unable to use the keyboard to edit transaction lines.  The delete and
backspace keys don't work, and typing in text has no effect. There is a
workaround:  I select the text I want to replace with the mouse, and
type in the replacement text.  I have not seen this behavior in any
other programs.
     I am running gnucash 2.6.1 on an Intel Core I-5.
             dlk