Removal of currency prefix in Ubuntu

nvsoar nvsoar at charter.net
Fri Aug 22 00:52:20 EDT 2014

On 8/21/2014 6:31 PM, keithclark1966 at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to remove the currency prefix, 'C' in my case.  I am already
> using locale en_CA in Ubuntu and have also chose Canadian as my currency in
> GNUCash.  Is there anyway to do this?  With this prefix, it makes exporting
> reports to a spreadsheet useless as I cannot use the values in the cells.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Keith
Keith,
See if the following is useful -
Try using find and replace (ctl+h) on the spreadsheet column with the
currency values -
(Enter 'C' (no quotes) in the 'search for'; no entry in 'replace with';
choose 'replace all'.)
Ensure that the cells with the currency values are formatted as
currency.  (ctl+shift+4).

nvsoar