KMyMoney vs Gnucash

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 07:08:12 EDT 2014

Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:20:28 <20140823122028.7a988ef7 at atmarama.ddns.net>
Gour <gour at atmarama.net>

>On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 09:33:28 +0100
>Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I know it is often insisted upon for convenience but is it a legal
>> requirement?  I think you will find it is not.
>>
>> If my document sequence is
>> Geert-yyyy-mm-dd
>> Gour-yyyy-mm-dd
>> that is perfectly legal.
>
>if you bothered to translate part of the law I referenced in previous message,
>you could understand that the above is perfectly illegal here. :-)

It is impossible for you, in Croatia, to control the document sequence
generated by a legal person in another EU country.

That is a fact.

>> The distinction I am making is between legality (which Gour raised
>> and I am challenging) and preference.
>
>Believe me that I'd also like to have seuqence like:
>
>yyyy-mm-dd-xyz.

You are confusing *LEGAL* with desired and preferred.

>> The reason I mentioned the 60 seconds is, what if my business is
>> mainly on-line and I don't have control of the document sequence?
>> Does my business suddenly become illegal if I report honestly and
>> traceably? I think not.
>
>Well, according to the law here, you have to ensure that your software
>generates proper seuqence?

No, you must account to the relevant legal bodies that you have not done
anything illegal, that you have accounted for taxes, etc.  The sequence
is just like a balance sheet, do things add up? is this business/person
honest?

>Btw, is paying to you online via credit card considered 'paying by cash'

there is EU legislation about non-contact payments but I'm not sure if
they apply

if I pay you using my credit card it will be recorded on my account as a
transaction, it will say who I paid the money too.

if the Croatia VAT lady (probably a man but we can dream) wants to check
she is welcome and you should ask her if she will pay for you to come
and visit me in London too :)

>and
>therefore all your invoices have to be fiscalized, iow. your POS has to be
>connected with the tax office and receive so called JIR (unique ID number)?

If you mean me buying something from you in person or vice versa that is
a different set of legislation.

I don't understand the word "fiscalized" as I don't think it has a clear
meaning in English.  Sorry.  I can work out the word roots easy enough
but the meaning is unclear to me.  I am not being rude, I would like to
know what you mean and I know, you, like many people are generous in
speaking my first language, but in this case I can understand the
literal word but not the meaning.

Is anyone else familiar with the actual meaning of the word?
--
Wm...