Extra Notes

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 26 12:33:38 EDT 2014

On Tue 26 August 14 10:46:09 Richard Barmann wrote:
> On 08/26/2014 10:10 AM, Maf. King wrote:
> > Hi Dick,
>
> My five files point to:
> 1. Home/Richard/Desktop/stripergnucash/striping-invoice.scm
> 2.Home/Richard/Desktop/striping-invoice.scm
> 3.Home/Richard/Documents/StripingInsurance/stripergnucash/striping-invoice.s
> cm I know this is wrong!!
> 4.Home/Richard/Music/stripergnucash/striping-invoice.scm This must also
> be wrong!
> 5.Home/Richard/striping-invoice.scm
>
> They all pull up the same file.
> Thanks Dick

Hi Dick,

I'm fairly sure that these are not files that GC will be looking at... which
may explain why your changes aren't being picked up.

On my OpenSuSE box, the standard reports are in /usr/share/gnucash/...  there
is also a possibility of reports being picked up in ~/.gnucash, but I'll have
to bow to expert knowledge on that.  What I'd do, to eliminate each of those
files from the list of possiblities is to remove (or rename) them all, start
GC and see if it complains.  I'd then put them back one-by-one until GC is
happy.

It does sound like your late friend may have made you an interesting
configuration - how comfortable are you on the command line?

Maf.