Problem importing OFX

mspringer mspringer at industrialarts101.com
Wed Aug 27 14:23:59 EDT 2014

I have downloaded OFX files to import into GC and it is not recognizing
or categorizing the transactions properly.  It wants to assing the
transactions to the wrong account.

For example, Iregularly make transfers from two accounts into one
account (my personal checking), when I try to import the OFX itassigns
both transfers tothe same account. Additionally, it assigns most (but
not all) withdrawals/debits to this same account.

None of the downloaded transactions are new but in the import window it
lists them all as new.  I don't believe I had this problem when I first
started using GC but I tend to leave reconciling my accounts to do in
groups of months so I haven't done this for a while.

However, this requires me to import the transactions and then
re-categorize each onewhich seems to defeat the purpose of import/
dowloading transactions. It would be faster for me to write each one in
individually.

Mark Springer
industrial arts