Can't find my accounts file (was reply to digest).

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 03:59:28 EDT 2014

Hi

If replying to the digest please edit the subject line so that it is
meaningful, and remove all of the digest except the bit you are
replying to.  I have no idea which thread your reply is in response
to.  However see below.

On 1 August 2014 21:20, JOSEPH AIELLO <jraiello at verizon.net> wrote:
> Start up problems.
>
> ref # 1
> IN creating a file (test55), I followed the default settings for the set-up.Test55 is not in programs  files(x86)\gnucash\bin.  I  don' t know where it is. In using "Search programs and files", I can't find any ref to to Test55.
>  I can still activate the file under Gnucash, but when trying to prepare a report, it still crashes.
> How can I clean out unused files?
> How can this be just a cosmetic issue? A commercial package would not let this pass.

Assuming that you are referring to an accounts file it will be
wherever you chose to save it the first time you did File > Save.  To
find it again if you open it and click File > Save As then it will
default to the folder it is currently saved in, so that is where it
will be.

Colin