downloading online transactions in 1 step?

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Sat Aug 30 09:25:25 EDT 2014

Am 16.08.2014 um 02:29 schrieb John Ralls:
[...]
>> that... but can't find it in gnucash.  I found that I can download the
>> transacations for each account individually, but I was hoping for an easier
>> way to do all of them at 1 time.
>
> Sorry, no, GnuCash doesn't have anything like that, and the way online transactions are handled would make it pretty difficult to implement.
[...]

Hmm, that shouldn't be too difficult: Downloading transactions in
AqBanking works like this: Send a job for each account you want to
download transactions from to AqBanking and make AqBanking execute those
jobs. All jobs put their result data (e.g. the downloaded transactions)
into an ImExporterContext, and *that* is finally imported by GnuCash.

So the only change necessary seems to be sending jobs not only for one
account but for all bank accounts, the rest should already be
implemented in GnuCash's AqBanking interface...

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/