Issues with Printing INI Letter

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 30 10:20:40 EDT 2014

On Aug 30, 2014, at 6:33 AM, Martin Preuss <martin at aqbanking.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 17.08.2014 um 20:49 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>>> What can I so to print the letter?
>>
>> Screen capture?
>>
>> Alas, it is 100% outside of GnuCash so there's nothing we can do for you.
> [...]
>
> Well, it is not exactly 100% outside GnuCash ;-)
>
> AqBanking uses the GWEN_GUI interface (libgwenhywfar), and that has a
> callback function "GWEN_Gui_Print()".
>
> This function is so far only used to print this INI-letter (which is
> just a letter containing the modulus and exponent for the user keys used
> for HBCI online banking, this letter needs to be sent to the bank to
> confirm the ownership of the key).
>
> Probably this function isn't implemented in GnuCash, and that's why that
> button doesn't do anything in the OP's environment...

Grepping in gwenhywfar trunk, I see an implementation of GWEN_Gui_Print() in src/gui/gui.c that does nothing except return GWEN_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED, a declaration for same in the corresponding header, a comment in gui/qt4/qt4_gui.hpp: * @todo: @ref GWEN_Gui_Print() needs to be implemented, and one in gwenhywfar//src/gui/gui_be.h: * Please see @ref GWEN_Gui_Print for details. It's not called anywhere in Gwen code.

So maybe the button has a callback and your plan was to pass this function as the callback once you implemented it, and GnuCash can pass register its own print function for that callback. Where's the register function?

Regards,
John Ralls