Tax report error

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Dec 1 14:32:16 EST 2014

Hi Dave,

As Tommy Trussell suggests you should really update to a more recent version of GnuCash. I
know (k)ubuntu doesn't supply it so you have to find another way to get it.

The crash report you provide shows a stack overflow error in the guile virtual machine. This
crash was frequently reported on gnucash 2.6.1 and is the result of a combination of switching
to guile 2.0 and how some large data sets were processed.

The fact that it doesn't crash if you choose not to print transaction details is a good clue you
are very likely hitting the same bug. Printing transaction details makes gnucash loop over a
large data set, which is doesn't do when this option is omitted.

If you find building gnucash yourself too daunting you can look into the getdep repository which
maintains a more recent version of gnucash.

Regards,

Geert