Financial Year Sub Accounts for each Account?

AfrikaDietmar dietmar.reigber at tradeley.com
Tue Dec 2 14:09:54 EST 2014

Greetings Michael,

no, there is no confusion between reporting and viewing the figures in the
Accounts Tab. That's pretty clear to me that you have these choices. Just a
personal habit/convience and it's a bit faster than having to generate each
time a report that I do like a lot the *Accounts tab*.

You mentioned the close the books function. This was an eye opener. I would
like to thank you for this and I learned something new. I love Gnucash and
getting the hang of it. I did some research and its interesting to see what
the guys are saying in this post:
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Closing-books-td4658624.html Some are
saying its not necessary to close the books as you can set the dates with
the reporting function.

I do have an accountant who is doing all the figures properly but for my own
use I would like to have all figures in GnuCash for making reports and
presentations. Sure, learning more how the principles of accounting work is
a nice challenge I like to tackle. Alone just using Gnucash made a lot of
stuff that my accountant was doing way more clearer and I love the
simplicity of making various accounts in Gnucash.

By wallet I was more referring to petty cash

Sunny regards,
Dietmar