Keyboard Shortcuts

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Wed Dec 3 10:00:09 EST 2014

Hi Robert,
  In another thread, you wrote in part,

> I can do all of that without my hands ever leaving the keyboard in Gnucash.  I absolutely loathe programs that make me reach for the mouse when I'm trying to type in a bunch of data.

  Can you point me to a resource that will list the keyboard shortcuts you use? While I like GnuCash for many reasons, the user interface, and especially having to use the mouse so much, is not one of them. I use GnuCash 2.6.3 (I'm a bit leery of 2.6.4 for now) on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard (10.6.8). In addition to not finding the keyboard shortcuts for opening or initiating a split transaction and for switching between account register tabs, I find the interface to be particularly erratic: sometimes the focus is on the transaction entry area and sometimes it is elsewhere and I have not found the keys to switch between the two.

  I have looked into the system for assigning keyboard shortcuts, but have not figured it out yet. Are you using the default shortcuts or have you created your own?

Thanks,
John