problem migrating gnucash to gnucash

Fr. Juvenaly juven_29 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 09:31:44 EST 2014

Greetings,I began using gnucash several years ago with Linux Ubuntu. A few days ago, I installed a new version of Ubuntu (14.04) separately on my system alongside the old setup (v. 12.02). The old setup was corrupted so that you couldn't upgrade or install any software.
Running the old version of gnucash in the old setup, I exported/backed up the gnucash data. The only format for export was XML. So I used that, of course.
Now, in my new setup, I've downloaded the latest version of Gnucash. It's version 2.6.1.  There are many ways to import data, but among the choices there is no choice to import data in XML format. Therefore I'm not able to import my backed up data from the old setup.
Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem and import my old data simply and easily?
**Please reply directly to my email since I'm not a member of this group**

Thank youJuvenaly