Shared data file on Google Drive - change in behavior

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Mon Dec 8 16:53:31 EST 2014

If you are opening Google Drive using Chrome then you are using the
Chrome web app and not the actual Windows client (hence your message
about sync offline).  You need to use the actual Windows client which
will have access to your file system for ensuring the files stay synced.
 The Chrome app does not have this ability, it can only offer the files
for upload/download.  The "offline sync" is simply the ability of the
Chrome web app to perform a bulk download to the local machine so you
can work with the files without a network connection.

The client is available here:
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive/index.html