Cash Book

Chris Bester chrisbester at cybersmart.co.za
Wed Dec 17 04:02:08 EST 2014

Hi Michael

Thank you for the elaborate reply.  I am an accountant, not an Auditor, and
I may not Audit my own books.  However, my problem was that I could not find
the appropriate report in gnucash.  Fortunately Geert came to the rescue, it
is the Account Report that I needed.

I still had another question which Geert was unable to help me with.  Our
Tax and Company laws require books to be closed off at the end of a
financial year and closing  balances to be entered as opening balances for
the new year.  This is also applicable to the Balance Sheet.  For the
convenience of my organisation I use the Balance Sheet(equile), but I need
to start the new year with a new balances.  The Balance sheets in gnucash
are continuous.

Can somebody please advise-

Thanks

Chris