Cash Book

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Dec 17 17:33:32 EST 2014

>Jumping in kind of late but I can imagine that some auditors might want
>proof that the file was not changed outside of a prescribed "audit
>trail", which is impossible to prove one way or the other with GnuCash.
>If that is the case, the user must get different software.
>
>David C

And what would this miraculous software be? Or would these auditors mean
just  "data couldn't have been hacked by the unskilled lacking tools".

The job of getting around whatever is supposedly providing the
"unaltered" security is EASIER when it's open software like gnucash. In
other words, if gnucash did provide this sort of security lock any
professional  programmer should be able to get around it. With
proprietary software, source code not available, would require a lot
more skill and experience and use of some specialized tools. But still
doable << I used to get paid to do things like making changes to a
program where the source code had been lost >>.

In other words, the developers of gnucash aren't including this sort of
(false) security probably because they know that any of them would be
able to get around it.

Michael