Cash Book

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Dec 18 03:22:50 EST 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:42:36 +0200
"Chris Bester" <chrisbester at cybersmart.co.za> wrote:

>   By continuous I
> simply mean that in gnucash balances continue running for ever
> starting with the original opening balance.  At the moment I have to
> recreate most of my required financial statement on Excel.   The
> first thing Auditors do, when you present your books, is to check
> your ending balances of the previous year, see whether those are your
> opening balances for the new year and then they continue reviewing
> your books.

You can close off the books if you require.
I don't, I produce reports which show the annual accounting
requirements.

Others do produce the reports they require on a spreadsheet program.
you can also use Free (as in beer and in the other senses) Software for
that purpose.

Just go through what you need, one question at a time and we will
assist.