Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.5 Release 2014-12-19

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Dec 19 20:28:24 EST 2014

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 4:16 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 19, 2014, at 3:56 PM, David Gillam <dave at davegillam.org> wrote:
>>
>> gnucash.org = "Download GnuCash 2.6.5 Mac OS X Intel" (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnucash/Gnucash-Intel-2.6.5-1.dmg)
>>
>> Interesting...now that link goes to the correct place.
>>
>> Unfortunately, even after (re)downloading it, it still crashes on startup.
>>
>> I'm running OSX 10.10.1.
>
> Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the website changes to settle out, particularly since I’d forgotten something when I set the links; I’d already pushed the change when your first message came in; OTOH, when I tried the link before fixing it I didn’t get anything.
>
> There are two problems with the launcher script, Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash, which you can fix with the following patch if you like, or you can wait a bit for me to build new bundles and upload them.

I’ve uploaded new bundles, Gnucash-(Intel|PPC)-2.6.5-2.dmg, to SF and adjusted the links on the web page. It will start slowly the first time, there’s a problem with libguile finding its precompiled binaries in the bundle, but I’ll need help from the Guile folks to sort that out. It may take a couple of days, or it may take longer if there’s a guile bug.

Regards,
John Ralls