Opening and Closing necessity in any jurisdiction

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 12:36:16 EST 2014

As far as I know the opening, closing and re-opening of accounts on an
annual basis isn't a formal requirement anywhere.

If I am wrong I'd like to know as I think it disagrees with
international accounting principles which mainly say you should report
honestly and that may involve restating previous periods.

gnc's natural, ever running, is natural to me from an accounting pov but
clearly an anathema to others, is the notion of running accounts
indefinitely and reporting honestly actually illegal anywhere ?

I wouldn't ask except some people suggest accounts must be closed where
they live but when questioned about details they tend to say, "well,
actually ..."

So, is there anywhere in the world where accounts must be closed and
opened each year?  I think the answer is no but I'm curious to find out
if I'm wrong.

--
Wm...