Comparative Financial Statements

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 12:15:00 EST 2014

Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:20:49 <5496E551.3060103 at mtdata.com>  Mike or Penny
Novack <stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com>

>d) There will be some fixed text.For example, as a non-profit can
>choose policy for "fixed assets" but that gets stated as part of the
>report and there other things like that which might need explanation
>(for many years we were carrying an INFORMALLY restricted fund --
>morally but not legally restricted)

That is an interesting discussion point.  A non-profit I'm doing some
work for says all of their funds are unrestricted.  I'm less certain as
I know for a fact there is some money in a bank account that is very
definitely restricted from both access and day to day use.  The money
isn't needed right now but I'm reporting it as a restricted amount until
someone lets me know they can get their paws on it by writing a cheque.

What I don't find is a limitation in gnc in reporting this.

The extant accounting prog (close year, open year) has meant all sorts
of unpleasantness has been recorded and can't be undone except by notes
to previous years.

--
Wm...