OSX / GnuCash 2.6.5 : MySQL

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Dec 21 18:32:07 EST 2014

> On Dec 21, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Kerspern Nicolas Wanadoo.fr <kerspern.nicolas at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> I'd like to use GnuCash under OSX with a server database (MySQL under
> Linux), is it possible ? And I've this for Windows which work fine under
> server database Linux.
>
> I'm waiting since a few moment, I've tried build from source 2.6.3 under OSX
> 10.9.4, but I've several problem libraries with Xcode (DBD-Mysql, DBI, etc.)
> and a lot of variant and too long ... Just info, Perl 5.16 work fine for
> some quotations in France ...

Yes, it’s possible, but because of the variety of MySql (and Postgres) library versions out there we’d have to include libmysql in the bundle, and there aren’t enough MySQL users to justify the effort or bloat. Consequently you must build libdbd-mysql yourself and put it in Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd. Use libdbi-drivers-0.8.3.1. Libdbd is C, so there should be no loading problems from using a different compiler.

Regards,
John Ralls