currency linked to a stock

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:20:09 EST 2014

Coming back to the currency linked (or not) to a commodity. In the gnucash
guide, I read

If you want to track income (dividends/interest/capital gains) on a
per-stock or fund basis, you will need to create an
Income:Dividends:STOCKSYMBOL, Income:Cap Gain (Long):STOCKSYMBOL,
Income:Cap Gain (Short):STOCKSYMBOL and Income:Interest:STOCKSYMBOL account
for each stock you own that pays dividends or interest.

Now, if I want to do this for the Yahoo stock, what is the currency I
should use for these income accounts ? Should I use USD ? or does it depend
on the broker/exchange/... And if it is USD, is then USD the "natural"
currency of the YAHOO commodity ? Still a bit lost...