Bulk transaction move

Thomas Young thomas at polywatt.com
Mon Dec 22 21:07:07 EST 2014

Hello

I have an account named Miscellaneous with about 1400 transactions and I
would like to move about 600 of them to a different account. Is there
any way of doing this in a bulk move instead of one by one? I have tried
saving my Gnucash file as Sqlite3 and editing account name records with
openoffice but the results have been essentially gibberish back in
Gnucash. My attempts with exporting and importing CSV have not been much
better since it seems CSV exporting does not include all data like memos
for instance.

Many thanks
Thomas