Opening and Closing necessity in any jurisdiction

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:27:03 EST 2014

On 23 December 2014 at 07:29, Chris Bester <chrisbester at cybersmart.co.za> wrote:
> Colin
> Your reply to David Carlson is  a rather distorted way of arguing

It is not.
It is the same argument as asking someone to prove there is no god.
It may be possible to prove that there /is/ a god, but it is a logical
impossibility to prove that there is /not/.

> "Closing Books" plain "Best Accounting Practice" that is all - Plain Best
> Accounting Practice- read the internet on accounting practices and closing
> of books.

There is a distinction between what some may consider to be best
practice, from the days before computerised systems, and a regulatory
need, which I thought is what we were talking about.

Colin