OSX App Bundle (was: Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.5 Release 2014-12-19)

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Wed Dec 24 16:40:09 EST 2014

Hi,
  I am finally moving up to Yosemite from Snow Leopard, so now is a good time to test out the new version of GnuCash. I have been using GnuCash 2.6.3 with reasonable success on an early 2008 17" MacBook Pro running MacOS X 10.6.8. I'm upgrading to a mid-2014 15" MacBook Pro running MacOS X 10.10.1. When I tried installing GnuCash 2.6.5-5, everything seemed to work fine. I was able to open a copy of my data file and everything seems to be in order. However, when I tried to run FinanceQuote Update.app so I could download prices of a few mutual funds, the Finder reports "FinanceQuote Update.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image." The only buttons in the dialog are Cancel and Eject Disk Image. I'm familiar with the usual method for convincing the operating system to open an application not signed by a known Apple developer, so I tried control clicking the icon and selecting Open from the contextual menu. This produced the same error message. I also tried running FinanceQuote Update.app from the GnuCash 2.6.3-1 disk image. This did not evoke the error message, but it does not seem to do anything. I'm still not able to download prices. Any thoughts?

Best,
John