GNUCash Report issue

Mike T spammlt at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 16:49:27 EST 2014

Sidh Botadra wrote
> I am using this software for long time, Recently I install new release of
> GNU cash 2.6.5 and facing some issue. Issue I am facing is regarding the
> report generation. Whenever I try to generate the report from report menu
> GNUCash crashes (Screen shot-1 and Screen shot-2).

IF you are comfortable with editing the registry, then I suggest:

1.  If installed, uninstall GnuCash 2.6.5.

2.  Run regedit, search for "gnucash" (without the quotes) in all keys,
     values, and data in the registry.  One at a time, delete each item in
the
     registry containing the string "gnucash".  Though it may not be
necessary,
     I also deleted the "GSettings" keys.

3.  Install GnuCash 2.6.5.

Please be aware that you can do serious damage to Windows if the registry
is edited incorrectly.  You might want to export the registry first (see
Microsoft's knowledge base article 322756).

I had similar C++ runtime crashes with 2.6.5 in Windows 7 x64, and cleaning
up the registry before installing 2.6.5 seemed to cure the problem.  If you
are
careful, then cleaning up the registry before installing 2.6.5 shouldn't
cause
any harm.

Mike T.

P.S.  Frankly, I didn't think editing the registry would stop the C++
errors,
        so I didn't systematically delete one key at a time to see what the
        offending item was.