Delayed payment of proceeds from Life Assurance - how to record?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Dec 24 16:49:56 EST 2014

> Taxation of Life Assurance can be weird particularly if they are used
> as savings or tax havens and your jurisdiction is probably different
> to mine, etc. I'm just saying what the natural transfers are, OK?

Absolutely -- please do get professional tax advice on this. In this
case, sort of was my line of country as in my working days I wrote
software for one of the world's largest insurance companies. I know that
at least some jurisdictions would tax as capital gains income the cash
value minus the total of premiums paid in case of an early surrender of
a cash value policy. For example, when I retired and surrendered my
"split dollar" policies, the profit was taxable.

Michael D Novack, FLMI  (which title would indicate to those who
recognized it, that I must know something about life insurance)

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.