OSX App Bundle (was: Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.5 Release 2014-12-19)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Dec 24 22:58:40 EST 2014

> On Dec 24, 2014, at 6:20 PM, John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>  Thanks for your quick reply, and thanks for uploading a new version. I had actually just found a slightly different solution to the problem. After sending my plea for help, I noticed that one of my attempts to run the updater had launched Terminal and tried to run the command line updater inside GnuCash on the 2.6.3 dmg. Since I was not sure that the updater had not changed, I simply ran the same file from the 2.6.5 dmg in Terminal and everything proceeded according to Hoyle.
>
>  So, I think I'm all set now; prices seem to be downloading correctly. I was just about to respond to the group, but since you already responded with a fix, I won't steal your thunder.

Don't worry about my thunder, please keep everything on the list.

FWIW, FQ-Update just starts the terminal process for you anyway, to make things slightly easier for the terminal-phobic. There's nothing different in running Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update from Terminal, it's just easier and more familiar for most folks to double click the icon.

Regards,
John Ralls