Small Business Owners - Your most vital reports?

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 25 01:31:03 EST 2014

Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:49:38 <54944912.3080308 at gmail.com>  Lou
<zquark32 at gmail.com>

>I must say, I have not been utilizing my financial reports in GnuCash.
>It has simply been a way to track everything for tax purposes.  Now
>that my business is growing, I'd like to hear from some of you more
>finanically savvy GnuCash business owners.
>
>My request is two pieces of information.
>
>1)  The type of reports.
>2)  What you find useful about the report.
>
>I think we can make a list that is useful to many others in the same boat.

Probably not.  I think each person has to ask similar questions of
themselves and think it through before realising for themselves what the
answer is.

Financial reports can be simply described as

where I was
where I am now
what happened in between

the first two are balance sheet type reports on a date and "now" can be
any time after "was".  generally you'll be looking for "am I better or
worse off ?" in comparing the two

"what happened in between" is the analysis of how you got from A to B

if you're a business you might want to know where most of your sales
came from and ask yourself if you should find more customers or
cultivate the ones you have.

if you're a non-profit you'll want to be sure you spent every penny as
carefully as you were expected to

if you're an individual you might wonder where the money you spent on
housekeeping went

it all depends

--
Wm...