Keyboard Shortcuts

By JoVe jove98 at me.com
Thu Dec 25 10:30:01 EST 2014

Hi,

with GnuCash 2.6.xx you may not have any success in assigning keyboard shortcuts („accelerators“ in GTK parlance).
Somewhere between 2.4.13 and 2.6.3 the ability for Mac OS X to assign keyboard shortcuts for menu entries and them to percolate into GnuCash vanished.
I am running 2.4.13 most of the time for that reason, since I just hate to have to use the mouse (or trackpad) to switch views from one-line to full and vice versa. In 2.4.13 I can assign shortcuts, eg. apple-1, apple-2,… by the OS system control keyboard preference pane.

Cheers (and a merry Xmas)

Jo Wetzig