Sharing payees across accounts

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Sat Feb 1 01:09:10 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm slowly learning gnucash in an effort to switch over from MS Money
but I had a question about sharing payees.  Under MS Money, entering a
payee in one account (say Credit Card A) makes it available for auto
selecting in other accounts (such as Credit Card B).

GNUCash doesn't seem to operate that way or I haven't figured out how to
make it do this.  Right now, if I enter a payee into Credit Card A, it
is not automatically available to Credit Card B as an auto populated
value.  If I use the two cards with the same payee, I must make sure I
enter the payee into each account separately and exactly the same way
(spaces, case, punctuation, etc.) so that reports will work.